This church was finished in 1697 during
the ministry of Alonso de Molina Durán as parish priest.
In 1776, following the purchase of three adjacent houses, the church
was enlarged according to master builder, Juan Lechuga's plans.
The church has three naves with square supports and round vaults.
The transept juts out from the lateral naves. It's building method
follows the construction system, fruit of a tradition which continues
until the Gothic period, yet with a greater variety of architectural
solutions and monumental feel, both which are characteristic of
Baroque architecture. Its roof truss lends it a somewhat Mudejar
air, together with the remains of the original tower.